CCOG for BCT 218 Summer 2022
- Course Number:
- BCT 218
- Course Title:
- Woodworking Projects
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Addendum to Course Description
Learners will work independently on their own woodworking projects. Students will demonstrate the safe use of cabinetmaking hand and power tools. Students will produce shop drawing of their proposed project for instructor approval. Students not completing BCT 216 and 217 must pass a hand and power tool safety test requiring both demonstration and written answers.
Intended Outcomes for the course
To design or select a woodworking project, appropriate for their own ability. To practice safe shop and tool safety, while working collaboratively with other students. To efficiently machine, assemble and finish student designed projects.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
- Learners will demonstrate safe shop practices as well as safe operation of hand and power tools used in woodworking.
- Learners will produce or acquire working drawings for their intended project and submit to instructor for approval.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
Themes, issues and concepts
- Shop Safety
- Hand & power tool safety
- Shop drawings and materials lists
- Cooperative work practices
- Read and taking Imperial and metric measurements.
- Practice safe use of power and hand tools.
- Demonstration of safe shop practices
- Work collaboratively with other students
- Draw, read and interpret shop drawings for construction methods, material types and hardware.