CCOG for BCT 203 Summer 2022
- Course Number:
- BCT 203
- Course Title:
- Interior Finish
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Drywall: Covers related codes, estimating materials and installation methods in residential drywall. Includes drywall products, tapes, corner beads, joint compounds, textures and patching. Finish Carpentry: Covers material trim installation, estimation of trim quantities and costs. Includes the appropriate miter cuts required and installation of base, casing, crown, wainscot panel molding. Includes interior door installation and window surrounds. Student may not receive credit for both BCT 203 and BCT 224 or BCT 226. Prerequisites: BCT 106 or instructor approval. Audit available.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon successful completion students should be able to:
- Install drywall, install corner bead, apply tape and apply joint compounds to a selected finish level
- Calculate needed drywall material quantities
- Patch damaged drywall
- Apply selected drywall texture
- Measure, and accurately cut and install various interior finish trims
- Calculate needed trim material quantities
Outcome Assessment Strategies
- Exhibit attendance, punctuality and preparedness to jobsite standards.
- Demonstrate proper use of tools and equipment used in finish carpentry.
- Individually complete mastery projects that will represent the culmination of the concepts, principles and strategies necessary to achieve the course outcomes.
- Demonstrate safe work habits, accuracy, and cooperative work practices by fabricating and assembling instructor-designed projects.
- Calculate, cut, and assemble instructor-designed projects.
- Effectively use class time to complete assigned projects.
- Demonstrate their knowledge of finish carpentry terminology
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
Themes, issues and concepts:
- AWI Standards
- Tool safety
- Job safety
- Building codes
- Material take-offs
- Drywall materials:
-types of drywall
- Construction math
- Window surrounds
- Door installation and hardware
- Cooperative work practices
- Critical thinking
- Stair materials
- Stair and balustrade terminology
- Print reading
- Time management