CCOG for BCT 150 Summer 2022
- Course Number:
- BCT 150
- Course Title:
- Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Covers the principles and applications of mechanical, electrical, plumbing and related building systems used on commercial construction projects. Includes heating, ventilating, air conditioning, plumbing, fire protection, power, lighting, security and related distribution and control systems. Audit available.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon successful completion students should be able to:
- Communicate effectively and collaborate on construction project.
- Recognizeequipment utilized in mechanical, electrical, plumbing (MEP) and related systems for installation on commercial construction projects.
- Recognizing the roles and responsibilities of sub-contractors, vendors, inspectors and systems designers.
- Resolve conflicts between MEP, structure and other systems by collaborating with project team members.
- Coordinate the integration and installation of MEP and related systems on a construction project.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
- Collaboratively research and compile a written and photographic report on a mechanical or electrical task by visiting an appropriate site.
- Student teams will present an informational demonstration on a mechanical or electrical system.
- Learners will successfully complete two mastery projects, which will demonstrate their knowledge of mechanical and electrical facilities.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
Themes, Issues and Concepts:
- Heating systems
- Ventilation Systems
- Air conditioning systems
- Piping systems
- Fire protection systems
- Power distribution
- Security systems
- Systems code
- Temporary facilities systems
- Research, including internet resources
- Verbal communications
- Written communications
- Critical thinking
- Analyze and interpret blueprints and facilities