CCOG for BCT 128 Summer 2022
- Course Number:
- BCT 128
- Course Title:
- Exterior Finish
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon successful completion students should be able to:
- Install sidings and roofing covered to code
- Calculate material quantities and costs.
- Work collaboratively and communicate effectively with others
Outcome Assessment Strategies
1. Students will individually layout a wall siding and roofing pattern.
2. Students will individually identify conventional wall siding and roofing materials.
3. Students will collaboratively apply various wall siding and roofing materials.
4. Students will individually complete a wall siding and roofing material take-off from a plan.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
Themes, issues and concepts:
Wall material siding types
Roofing material types
Fastening systems for siding and roofing
Manufactures and mill requirements
Sheathing and building paper
Collaborative work practice
Job site safety
1. Safe and proper operation of hand and power tools.
3. Labor, material and equipment estimating.
4. Work methods.
5. Blueprint and specification reading.