CCOG for BCT 127 Summer 2022
- Course Number:
- BCT 127
- Course Title:
- Residential Concrete
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Intended Outcomes for the course
- Lay out a building site
- Construct forms for footings, foundations, and flatwork
- Pour and finish footings, foundations, and flatwork
- Stamp and color decorative concrete
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Learners will individually demonstrate the understanding of basic concepts in residential concrete construction by the following:
1. Collaboratively complete the various hands on field projects.
2. Satisfactorily complete individual classroom concrete estimating projects.
3. Learners will display their skills by individually completing two mastery projects.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
Themes, issues and concepts:
1. Use a transit to establish building corners
2. Erect batter boards and string lines to determine the foundation building lines.
3. Build formwork for various footing types.
4. Pour footings.
5. Build formwork for various wall types.
6. Pour walls.
7. Install various concrete accessories such as beam pockets, vents, anchor bolts, footing, drains and miscellaneous hardware.
8. Build formwork for concrete landing and stair on grade.
9. Pour stairs.
10. Build formwork for concrete slab.
11. Pour slab.
12. Apply different finishes to slab including exposed aggregate, smooth trowel, and broom.
13. Cut, bend and install various types of reinforcing steel.
14. Understand concrete placing and curing.
15. Understand the basic properties of concrete materials and testing procedures.
16. Data analysis
17. Critical thinking
18. Problem solving