CCOG for BCT 120 Summer 2022
- Course Number:
- BCT 120
- Course Title:
- Floor Framing
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon successful completion students should be able to:
- Estimate floor framing materials
- Lay out floor joist and beams
- Assemble floor system components
- Work collaboratively and communicate effectively with other students
Outcome Assessment Strategies
- Students will individually layout a joist floor system and post and beam system with floor openings.
- Students will individually identify conventional floor framing parts and terminology.
- Students will collaboratively construct various floor systems.
- Students will individually complete a floor material take-off from a plan.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
Themes, issues and concepts:
Floor load requirements
Joist framed floors
Post and beam framed floors
Pressure treated sills
Collaborative work practice
Job site safety
Safe and proper operation of hand and power tools.
Labor, material and equipment estimating.
Blueprint and specification reading.