CCOG for BCT 119 Summer 2022
- Course Number:
- BCT 119
- Course Title:
- Bluebeam for Construction
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Introduces the fundamentals of using Bluebeam software to manage drawings and documents for a "paperless" construction project. Prerequisites: BCT 102 or instructor approval. Recommended: Basic computer skills. Audit available.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Organize and manage PDF construction documents using Bluebeam.
- Perform initial PDF setup in Bluebeam.
- Create, organize and manage drawing markups independently and collaboratively using Bluebeam tools.
Course Activities and Design
Students will work in small groups to edit PDF construction documents using Bluebeam software.
Students will compare traditional paper methods with Bluebeam software.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
- Students will process a set of PDF drawing provided by the instructor within Bluebeam
- Students will create markups and demonstrate bluebeam features on a sample PDF file
- Students will create quantity takeoffs on a plan provided by the instructor
- Students will complete quizzes provided by the instructor
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Computer Skills
- Organizational skills
- Print reading
- Architectural vocabulary
- Construction project management
- Document management