CCOG for BA 281 Winter 2022
- Course Number:
- BA 281
- Course Title:
- Accounting Skills Review
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Addendum to Course Description
The overarching goal is to develop a deeper understanding of accounting mechanics and prepare for 300 level Accounting courses at transfer institutions and/or enhance book keeping job readiness.
Intended Outcomes for the course
After successful completion of BA 281, the student will be able to:
- Employ a deepened knowledge of accounting specific vocabulary, concepts and study skills.
- Use critical thinking to evaluate accounting concepts and apply them to business transactions.
- Prepare precise and accurate answers relating to the accounting cycle.
Course Activities and Design
- Analyze business transactions precisely using accrual basis accounting according to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Develop accuracy in accounting cycle mechanics including journal entries, ledger, adjusting entries, financial statements and closing entries.
- Fill gaps in accounting knowledge relating to accounting cycle.
- Enhance readiness for 300 level courses and/or book keeping jobs.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
- An initial self-paced, web based assessment on accounting knowledge.
- Performance based assessments on various topics in accounting cycle.
- Assessments to gauge retention and mastery of understanding of topics relating to Accounting cycle and readiness for Intermediate Accounting/job seeking skills.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)