CCOG for BA 263 Fall 2022
- Course Number:
- BA 263
- Course Title:
- Global Sourcing & Product Development
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Examines global sourcing strategies in supply chain management within a global context. Includes contract administration, cost analysis, product development and supplier selections. Explores strategic sourcing concepts and principles in product and commodity sourcing as pursued by leading edge firms. Audit available.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Use an understanding of the global sourcing process, including green sourcing and ethical and sustainability issues, to support best practices in line with corporate social responsibility.
- Apply knowledge of the product development process from a supply chain management perspective to design the most timely and cost effective process.
- Develop key supplier identification criteria and the steps used to develop a supplier evaluation selection survey in support of a company’s total quality objectives.
- Conduct a detailed analysis of a business sourcing problem that involves identifying challenges and possible solutions.