CCOG for BA 261 Fall 2022
- Course Number:
- BA 261
- Course Title:
- Global Logistics & Distribution
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Examines practices for designing a logistical process, including coordinating the flow of goods, services, and information among worldwide members of a supply chain. Includes a comprehensive overview of transportation regulations, risk management, cost analysis, preparation of proper transportation and customs documentation, and distribution management. Audit available.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Identify modes of transportation, interpret governing regulations, and use terminology used in the logistics industry.
- Evaluate strategic factors associated with global and domestic transportation, including cost analysis, performance measurement, risk management, and product distribution for continuous improvement opportunities.
- Identify and analyze the factors affecting the various materials handling considerations such as packaging, handling efficiency, and regulation compliance.
- Design logistics processes for the flow of goods, services and information.