CCOG for BA 260 Fall 2022
- Course Number:
- BA 260
- Course Title:
- Fundamentals of Supply Chain Management
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Examines fundamentals of supply chain management and its role in the overall business operations strategy. Explores the business processes and activities of the supply chain, including sourcing, procurement, inventory management and logistics engineering. Prerequisites: WR 115, RD 115 and MTH 20 or equivalent placement test scores. Audit available.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Identify the supply chain management- (SCM) related business processes, problems encountered in practice, and the new challenges facing SCM practices.
- Design a road map to in-depth processes on SCM-related topics, including product development, purchasing, logistics design, and inventory management.
- Apply knowledge of the basic purchasing process and its strategic impact on an organization’s competitive advantage.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the ways the global supply chain impacts business decision-making.