CCOG for BA 236 Fall 2022
- Course Number:
- BA 236
- Course Title:
- Product Management and Branding
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Apply the fundamental concepts of product and brand development and management.
- Use the brand positioning framework to develop a brand, keep it relevant, expand a brand internationally, and reposition a brand.
- Use tools and metrics to analyze competitors and develop positioning strategies.
- Recognize the importance of using teams and organization to coordinate multiple interdisciplinary tasks in order to create and manage products within an organization.
- Use portfolio analysis and the product life cycle to understand how a firm manages its product mix.
- Apply an understanding of the product manager’s role in product pricing, sales, and promotion.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
- Class participation and discussions
- Case study analysis
- Individual assignments
- Group projects
- Completion of assessment examinations
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
Themes, Concepts, Issues
Definition of products and product related theories and concepts
Product management and development in the context of business strategy
Cross-functional teams and their role in product development and management
Brand development and positioning
Social responsibility and ethics
Use of data to develop, manage, and market products
Product management’s role in selling in B2C and B2B environments
Legal considerations in the area of marketing and product management
Global issues in product management and distribution
Market research, market segmentation, target markets
Analyze product management strategies
Work as part of a team
Deliver oral presentations