CCOG for BA 207 Fall 2022
- Course Number:
- BA 207
- Course Title:
- Introduction to E-Commerce
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Focuses on the three major driving forces that permeate all aspects of e-commerce: business development and strategy, technological innovations, and social and legal issues and impacts. Covers E-commerce technology infrastructure, business concepts, social issues and real world experiences. Prerequisites: WR 115, RD 115 and MTH 20 or equivalent placement test scores. Audit available.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Analyze the impact of E-commerce on business models and strategy.
- Describe the major types of E-commerce.
- Explain the process that should be followed in building an E-commerce presence.
- Identify the key security threats in the E-commerce environment.
- Describe how procurement and supply chains relate to B2B E-commerce.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
To assess achievement of the outcomes any combination of the following may be used:
- Written examinations and/or quizzes;
- E-commerce case study analysis;
- Individual or group e-commerce related projects;
- Research assignments;
- Homework and/or lab assignments that demonstrate the application of appropriate e-commerce technologies.
- Attendance and/or participation in class activities
- In-class interactive role-plays.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Examples of good and poorly designed E-commerce web sites in regard to design, functionality, and user interface;
- Ethical and legal issues related to E-commerce technologies such as manipulation of graphic and sound information, privacy and control of electronic media;
- Challenges when making ethical decisions related to E-commerce considering laws, privacy, and security.
- Regulatory and legal environments as it relates to E-commerce;
- Technology resources available to meet E-commerce business needs;
- Various E-commerce trading relationships including B2C, C2C, B2B,...