CCOG for PE 185Q archive revision 201602
You are viewing an old version of the CCOG. View current version »
- Effective Term:
- Spring 2016 through Fall 2023
- Course Number:
- PE 185Q
- Course Title:
- Advanced Softball
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Expands the knowledge, application, strategy, team and individual skills utilized in the game of softball. Includes skill development in batting, running bases, sliding, throwing, pitching, catching, fielding, team strategy and team communication. Audit available.
Addendum to Course Description
Appropriate sports clothing needed including sport shoes or cleats and softball glove
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of this course students should be able to:
- Understand the game of softball as a sport and as a method of developing physical fitness.
- Increase levels of physical activity and agility needed to play the game of softball at an advanced level.
- Develop the skills of batting, infield, outfield, catching and throwing needed to play the game of softball at an advanced level.
- Utilize skills and methods learned for possible adult league participation.
Course Activities and Design
- Continued improvement of skills needed to play the game of softball
- Perform safe and effective softball techniques
- Continued development of life long fitness, health and wellness
Outcome Assessment Strategies
- Pre/Post skill assessment
- Active participation and effort
- Written examination of basic rules of game
- Demonstration of proficiency in game play