CCOG for PE 162N archive revision 201903
You are viewing an old version of the CCOG. View current version »
- Effective Term:
- Summer 2019 through Fall 2023
- Course Number:
- PE 162N
- Course Title:
- Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) II
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Develop physical conditioning needed to perform mixed martial arts at an intermediate level.
- Demonstrate a further understanding of MMA as a sport and as a method of developing physical fitness.
- Apply fundamental rules of engagement, strategies, and tactics of the sport at an intermediate level.
- Utilize proper MMA striking, footwork, kicking, and grappling techniques at an intermediate level.
Understanding of MMA as a sport, physical fitness and self-defense.
Course Activities and Design
*Warm up: Dynamic stretching
*Review: Footwork, Stance, Boxing, Kickboxing
*Class workout: Exercises to promote fitness, strength, flexibility, cardiovascular fitness
*New Information: Class will learn and practice new techniques related to MMA
*Cool down and stretch
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Demonstration of the following:
Basic Boxing Combinations 1-6
Kickboxing: roundhouse kick and knees
Take downs: Double and single leg
Ground Submissions: Rear Naked choke, Americana, Arm Bar
Fight Fundamentals: Stance, Movement, Jab, Cross
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)