CCOG for ID 127 archive revision 202204
You are viewing an old version of the CCOG. View current version »
- Effective Term:
- Fall 2022 through Spring 2023
- Course Number:
- ID 127
- Course Title:
- 3-D Modeling for Interior Design
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Apply basic 3-D modeling terminology and basic concepts to create simple interior building models using 3-D modeling software.
- Work independently in a 3-D software program for interior design.
- Create a final 3-D interior building model, which demonstrates cabinetry details, placement of materials, and selection of furnishings.
The goal of the class is to provide a supportive classroom environment that nurtures student success.
Course Activities and Design
This course will be presented by means of short lecture/discussion sessions and laboratory projects. Individualized instruction will be provided while the student is working on assigned projects. Open laboratory time will be made available and may be necessary to complete assignments.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Evaluation procedures and grading will be discussed on the first day of class. Units of instruction begin with a lecture presentation followed by lab application. This lab time may include individual instruction. Drawing assignments and quizzes will be used to assess student success.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
The creation of a 3-D digital design model of a design solution that communicates a design solution to a given client's needs.