CCOG for ID 125 archive revision 202102
You are viewing an old version of the CCOG. View current version »
- Effective Term:
- Spring 2021 through Summer 2022
- Course Number:
- ID 125
- Course Title:
- Computer Drafting for Interior Designers
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Create drawings using basic AutoCAD skills.
- Modify drawings using basic AutoCAD skills.
- Communicate design plans to clients using drawings.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Students will create computer-generated drawings that demonstrate their ability to:
- Build a shell and dimension automatically
- Install windows and doors according to an assigned schedule
- Build a basic roof, stairway with landing, manipulate cabinets, cabinets & moldings
- Install electrical, lighting, fireplaces, furniture
- Create Layouts and Presentations
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Utilize computer-aided software to effectively design and produce plans rapidly.
- Design and create documentation phase elevations, sections and perspective views illustrating all specifications in residential interior design
- Input and make simple plan corrections
- Demonstrate accuracy in the creation of schematics and dimensions in interior designers’ plans
- Know the tools for automating the tasks of dimensioning, electrical detailing and all other tasks to produce a working drawing of a room or an entire house.
Themes, issues, and concepts:
The following will have increased meaning to the student resulting from this course.
- Project organization and management
- Professional and accurate presentations
- Improved communication with clients
- Increased use of the computer as a tool in interior design practice.
- Computer aided drawings that are necessary for construction documents.
- Development of basic skills in computer drafting literacy, focusing on drawings used by interior designers
- Produce plans quickly and accurately
- Allows objects to be placed to create 3-D models
- Use of layouts to allow multiple views to be placed on one sheet of paper
- Ability to work in different views