CCOG for HUS 260 archive revision 201904
You are viewing an old version of the CCOG. View current version »
- Effective Term:
- Fall 2019 through Fall 2023
- Course Number:
- HUS 260
- Course Title:
- Field Experience II: Family and Human Services
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Covers the integration of knowledge, theory, skills, and behaviors needed to work in a human service setting. Supports the development of practical skills, experience, and professional interests under the supervision of a fieldwork supervisor. Department permission required.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Use appropriate professional knowledge and skills in direct service delivery.
- Develop awareness of personal values and interpersonal style.
- Meet learning outcomes specific to this course, as mutually agreed upon by the student and instructor in advance through a written learning contract, and as appropriate to the credit awarded for this course.
Course Activities and Design
- Field work in community human service setting.
- Weekly journal (guided)
- Field Experience site goals.
- Field Experience evaluation.