CCOG for GD 150 archive revision 201401
You are viewing an old version of the CCOG. View current version »
- Effective Term:
- Winter 2014
- Course Number:
- GD 150
- Course Title:
- Digital Illustration I
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Addendum to Course Description
Second year standing in graphic design program required.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Students should be able to:
- Successfully use Adobe Illustrator to draw graphic elements which may include logos", illustrations, graphs and charts.
- Utilize Adobe Illustrator software in single page document layout and design.
- Prepare Adobe Illustrator files for use in other software programs.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
• Use appropriate tools to accurately trace linked raster image.
• Design and print an oversized document that utilizes shape and typography.
• Create a digital illustration from a hand drawn sketch.
• Combine typography with vector illustration.
• Written shortcuts exam.
• Digital technical skills exam.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
• Vector Illustration
• Technical Proficiency
• Software Navigation
• Attention to Detail
• Problem Solving
• Critical Thinking
• Develop illustration and layout through process driven methods.
• Choose appropriate techniques to create vector elements.
• Use pen tool with proficiency.
• Manipulate typography.
• Use efficient digital techniques for combining shapes.
• Create, name, and manage layers.
• Demonstrate proficient use of bleeds.
• Successfully manage colors.
• Tile oversized work.
• Streamline press-ready files.
• Format files for export.
• Build files that print successfully.