CCOG for FT 280 archive revision 201901
You are viewing an old version of the CCOG. View current version »
- Effective Term:
- Winter 2019 through Fall 2020
- Course Number:
- FT 280
- Course Title:
- Exercise Science Internship I
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Apply knowledge gained in internships to identify future employment opportunities in the exercise/fitness industry.
- Apply knowledge obtained from previous Exercise Science courses in a job setting.
- Design and implement fitness-related programs or projects in a job setting.
Meet learning outcomes specific to this project as mutually agreed upon by the student and instructor in advance through a written learning contract, and as appropriate to the credit awarded for this course.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
• On-site evaluations.
• Written employer evaluations.
• Written assignments and progress reports, with accompanying deadlines.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
1. Investigate various fitness industry employment opportunities.
2. Perform exercise leadership in group and individual settings.
3. Design exercise programs for groups and/or individuals.
4. Demonstrate skills related to on-the-job cooperation, teamwork, and customer service.
5. Exhibit professional appearance, attitude, and behavior.
6. Demonstrate proper and safe use and care of exercise equipment.
7. Exhibit continual improvement in job related skills.
8. Create and present a special project, including fitness promotion.
9. Gain on-the-job experience.