CCOG for FT 280 archive revision 201604
You are viewing an old version of the CCOG. View current version »
- Effective Term:
- Fall 2016 through Fall 2018
- Course Number:
- FT 280
- Course Title:
- Fitness Technology Internship
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Apply knowledge regarding future employment opportunities in the fitness industry.
- Apply knowledge obtained from previous Fitness Technology courses in an actual job setting.
- Design and implement fitness-related programs or projects in a job setting.
- Meet the outcomes mutually agreed upon by the student and instructor for the internship.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
• On-site evaluations.
• Written employer evaluations.
• Written assignments and progress reports, with accompanying deadlines.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
1. Investigate various fitness industry employment opportunities.
2. Perform exercise leadership in group and individual settings.
3. Design exercise programs for groups and/or individuals.
4. Demonstrate skills related to on-the-job cooperation, teamwork, and customer service.
5. Exhibit professional appearance, attitude, and behavior.
6. Demonstrate proper and safe use and care of exercise equipment.
7. Exhibit continual improvement in job related skills.
8. Create and present a special project, including fitness promotion.
9. Gain on-the-job experience.