CCOG for FT 110 archive revision 202002
You are viewing an old version of the CCOG. View current version »
- Effective Term:
- Spring 2020 through Fall 2020
- Course Number:
- FT 110
- Course Title:
- Injury Prevention & Management
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Covers prevention and management of acute and chronic injuries in a fitness setting. Emphasizes preventing injuries by reducing risks for injury or illness, creating safe environments, and recognizing signs and symptoms of injury or illness. Explores alternative exercises for clients and participants who have a current illness or injury. Audit available.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Distinguish between acute and chronic injuries to help determine the next best step for injured clients or participants.
- Integrate and practice injury prevention and management techniques to prevent client or participant injuries and facilitate their return to fitness activities.
- Provide alternative exercises for clients or participants with current injuries or illnesses.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
1) Written Exams
2) Practical Exams
3) Case Studies & Scenarios
4) Research Project: Sports/Fitness Injuries
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
1. Risk Factors for Injury
2. Basic Prevention and Management Strategies
3. Acute, Overuse/Chronic Injuries
4. Common Upper/Lower body Injuries
5. Psychology of Injury and Rehabilitation
6. Modify basic Fitness Programming to Prevent & Manage mild-moderate Injuries