CCOG for FMT 265 archive revision 201403
You are viewing an old version of the CCOG. View current version »
- Effective Term:
- Summer 2014 through Fall 2023
- Course Number:
- FMT 265
- Course Title:
- Building Commissioning I
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Intended Outcomes for the course
1. Inform the client of the parameters surrounding building commissioning and the consequences.
2. Use an understanding of the building design intent to establish a preliminary commissioning plan.
3. Apply design objectives to build dynamic documentation supporting asbuilts, project changes, and remodels.
4. Use the building qualification procedures to formulate testing, balancing, and adjusting procedures.
5. Professionally build a procedure of verifying acceptance and insuring warranty conformance.
Course Activities and Design
Lecture/discussion and homework assignments will be the instructional methods used in this course and will provide the
student with the background information necessary to learn the mechanical code basics and apply them to building construction.
The lecture will be supplemented with video tapes and slides illustrating the week's topics. The lab will be the Technology
Education Building in its entirety at Cascade Campus of PCC.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Evaluation procedures will be presented at the first class meeting. Student grades will be based on satisfactory completion of quizzes,
homework, mid-term test and final presentation to the building owner or his/her representative.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
1. Building mechanical systems function and theory.
2. Mechanical systems commissioning procedures.
3. Building print reading.
4. Documentation of building mechanical systems function and conformance to specifications.