CCOG for ELT 283 archive revision 201403
You are viewing an old version of the CCOG. View current version »
- Effective Term:
- Summer 2014 through Summer 2022
- Course Number:
- ELT 283
- Course Title:
- Code Calculations
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Addendum to Course Description
Course can also be used to meet the Washington State licensing renewal requirements through the WA/OR reciprocity agreement. A Course Completion Certificate for continuing education will be issued upon request to any participant who successfully passes the course. Attendance rosters will be sent to the state for certification purposes. Please note that the electrician's license renewal fee is not included in the cost of the course. A current National Electric Code Book is required.
Intended Outcomes for the course
- Perform required load calculations as per the NEC
- Demonstrate knowledge of characteristics of types of conductors and code requirements
- Demonstrate familiarity with code standards for protection against excess loads
- Recognize hazardous areas and necessary precautions
Course Activities and Design
A lecture course in which the students locate applicable code articles and become familiar with how the use of provided charts help determine correct application.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Procedures will be discussed at the first class session. Assessment will be based on attendance for all scheduled class hours, participation and group assignments.