CCOG for ECE 260B archive revision 201403
You are viewing an old version of the CCOG. View current version »
- Effective Term:
- Summer 2014 through Summer 2017
- Course Number:
- ECE 260B
- Course Title:
- Advanced Practicum Seminar 2
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon successful completion, students should be able to:
- Collect and represent advanced documentation of standard achievement as specified in the NAEYC Standards for Initial Professional Preparation.
- Use the knowledge, skills, and abilities acquired in pre- and co-requisite coursework to discuss work with children in the field.
- Integrate knowledge of child development and learning; family and community relationships; observation, documentation and assessment; developmentally effective approaches; the use of content knowledge to build meaningful curriculum; and professionalism.
Course Activities and Design
- Actively participate in seminar discussions and activities.
- Develop and present a professional portfolio documenting achievement of the NAEYC Standards for Initial Professional Preparation.
- Examine developmental learning theories and describe how these theories explain the way children learn.
- Using child development knowledge and observation/assessment techniques, create developmentally appropriate plans for the group of
children with whom they are working.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Develop and present a professional portfolio documenting achievement of the NAEYC Standards for Initial Professional Preparation using a Technical Skills Assessment rubric.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
Students will reflect on and discuss the theories, practices, skills, and abilities relating to:
- Integrating knowledge of child development and learning;
- Family and community relationships;
- Observation, documentation and assessment;
- Developmentally effective approaches;
- The use of content knowledge to build meaningful curriculum;