CCOG for ECE 191 archive revision 201904
You are viewing an old version of the CCOG. View current version »
- Effective Term:
- Fall 2019
- Course Number:
- ECE 191
- Course Title:
- Interest-Based Planning for Infants
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Addendum to Course Description
This course is designed to enhance the knowledge base of our degree-seeking students (who are required to take 6 – 10 credits of elective credit) while also providing an accessible, interesting, and relevant course to students who are seeking to meet their professional development requirements and/or who might have limited experience in the college setting.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon successful completion, student should be able to:
Identify methods of discerning infant interests.
Derive interests from infant behaviors and responses to the curriculum, the environment, and the routines.
Design curriculum and environments for infants based on assessment of infant interests.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
- Attend and actively participate in class and small group activities.
- Complete written observations and assignments.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Different stages of infant development
- Communication in infancy
- Naturally occurring activities
- Facilitating learning and development
- Partnering with families in identifying and addressing infant interests.
- Linking observed infant behaviors and responses to curricular planning.