CCOG for ECE 175B archive revision 201904
You are viewing an old version of the CCOG. View current version »
- Effective Term:
- Fall 2019
- Course Number:
- ECE 175B
- Course Title:
- Infant/Toddler Caregiving: Group Care
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Covers group care of infants and toddlers ages birth - 3. Includes routines, quality, staff relations, environments and welcoming children and families into care. Audit available.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon successful completion, students should be able to:
- Recognize elements of quality group care for infants and toddlers.
- Recognize responsive, respectful and relationship-based infant toddler care.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
- Attend and actively participate in class and small group activities.
- Complete written observations.
- Complete reflective journal.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
Students will acquire skills and abilities relating to:
- The importance of routine.
- The powerful influence of environments on infants and toddlers.
- Magda Gerber’s approach to professional infant and toddler care.
- Meeting the intimacy needs of infants and toddlers in groups.
- Staff relations in infant and toddler environments.
- Quality indicators.