CCOG for ECE 130A archive revision 201403
You are viewing an old version of the CCOG. View current version »
- Effective Term:
- Summer 2014 through Fall 2014
- Course Number:
- ECE 130A
- Course Title:
- Practicum Seminar 1
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Addendum to Course Description
Participating students are expected to attend seminar as scheduled and on time, actively participate in all aspects of the seminar, and complete all required assignments for seminar.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon successful completion students should be able to:1. Collect and represent basic documentation of standard achievement as specified in the NAEYC Standards for Initial Professional Preparation.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
- Actively participate in seminar discussions and activities.
- Develop a Competency Portfolio which documents their completion of the competencies for Practicum I and II.
- Complete a progress journal.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
Students will reflect on and discuss the skills and abilities relating to:
- Personal and Professional Practice
- Parent, Family, and Community Involvement
- Relationships with Children
- Observation and Guidance
- Environment and Curriculum
- Management and Supervision.