CCOG for CG 140C archive revision 201403
You are viewing an old version of the CCOG. View current version »
- Effective Term:
- Summer 2014 through Summer 2016
- Course Number:
- CG 140C
- Course Title:
- Career and Life Planning
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Intended Outcomes for the course
Students who successfully complete this course will be able to:
- Identify personal characteristics that relate to appropriate life choices pertaining to work, leisure, and education.
- Conduct basic career research using the internet and/or the Career Center resources.
- Set goals using self knowledge and gathered information
Course Activities and Design
Flexible dependent on needs of student population and preferred teaching style of instructor.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Students will demonstrate these learning outcomes by these tasks conducted individually and in cooperation with other students.
- Student participation demonstrating knowledge of subject matter.
- Demonstrate research skills using both printed and electronic career information.
- Develop a written plan of action to further define career goals.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
Competencies and Skills
The following list indicates the skills students will develop by doing assignments and participating in class:
- Increase self awareness as it relates to values, interests, skills and personality.
- Use critical thinking skills to effectively analyze and synthesize career research to make an informed career decision.
- Research occupational/career information using various methods (informational interviews, career resource center, internet).
- Problem-solve and make decisions regarding career choices.
Concepts, themes, Issues
The contextualized networks of meaning students must understand in order to demonstrate the performance tasks and achieve the outcomes.
- Career Development Theories
- Values Clarification
- Skills/Abilities (transferable, adaptive, task specific)
- Personality traits
- Career Information
- Decision-making/goal setting