CCOG for CG 130 archive revision 201804
You are viewing an old version of the CCOG. View current version »
- Effective Term:
- Fall 2018 through Fall 2023
- Course Number:
- CG 130
- Course Title:
- Today's Careers
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students will be able to:
- Identify and research occupational information such as outlook, growth, and wages.
- Utilize information to develop occupational and educational goals.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Presentations and reports related to occupational research.
Develop a written plan of action to guide occupational and/or educational goals.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
1. Identify personal interests and skills to gather information about relevant career fields.
2. Understand how to access current career information through online and print resources.
3. Interpret wage and employment outlook information.
4. Synthesize acquired information to create an action plan for the future career and educations steps.
5. Conduct informational interviews.
6. Critical thinking.
7. Effective written and oral communications.
Concepts, Themes, Issues
The contextualized networks of meaning students must understand in order
to demonstrate the performance tasks and achieve the outcomes.
1. Occupational trends
2. World of work
3. Process of occupational research
4. Labor market
5. Informational interviewing