CCOG for CG 130 archive revision 201403
You are viewing an old version of the CCOG. View current version »
- Effective Term:
- Summer 2014 through Summer 2018
- Course Number:
- CG 130
- Course Title:
- Today's Careers
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Intended Outcomes for the course
Students who successfully complete this course will be able to:
- Apply the process of identifying and researching occupations.
- Evaluate occupational information such as outlook, growth, wages, etc.
- Utilize a plan to address occupational and educational/training needs.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
1. Utilize electronic and print career resources to research and report on occupations relevant to the individual.
2. Conduct and report on information interviews.
3. Research and identify training programs for specific occupations.
4. Develop a written plan of action to further define career goals and next steps.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
1. Identify personal interests and skills to gather information about relevant career fields.
2. Understand how to access current career information through online and print resources.
3. Interpret wage and employment outlook information.
4. Synthesize acquired information to create an action plan for the future career and educations steps.
5. Conduct informational interviews.
6. Critical thinking.
7. Effective written and oral communications.
Concepts, Themes, Issues
The contextualized networks of meaning students must understand in order
to demonstrate the performance tasks and achieve the outcomes.
1. Occupational trends
2. World of work
3. Process of occupational research
4. Labor market
5. Informational interviewing