CCOG for CG 112 archive revision 201804
You are viewing an old version of the CCOG. View current version »
- Effective Term:
- Fall 2018 through Summer 2022
- Course Number:
- CG 112
- Course Title:
- Managing Test Anxiety
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students will be able to:
- Assess and analyze the symptoms, causes, and effects of test anxiety.
- Employ study and test taking strategies that contribute to anxiety reduction.
- Utilize anxiety reduction techniques during tests.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
1. Written and/or oral assignments designed to promote integration of course material.
2. Participation in group exercises, role plays, and/or discussions.
3. Quizzes that require integration of class material.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
Competencies and Skills
1. Use distributed learning principles to prepare for tests.
2. Know what to do the day before and the day of a test.
3. Identify emotional reactions when anticipating a test.
4. Understand various techniques to manage emotions.
5. Use effective test taking strategies.
6. Identify and emphasize test taking successes.
Themes, Concepts, Issues
1. Test preparation
2. Dedicated study schedule
3. Identify self defeating thoughts
4. Manage emotions
5. Test taking techniques
6. Test taking success
7. Self encouragement