CCOG for BIT 205 archive revision 201902
You are viewing an old version of the CCOG. View current version »
- Effective Term:
- Spring 2019 through Summer 2022
- Course Number:
- BIT 205
- Course Title:
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Introduces commonly used methods for separation of biological molecules for both analytical and preparative applications. Covers the principles of and practice in filtration, differential precipitation, and electrophoretic and chromatographic techniques within a laboratory setting. Audit available.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Carry out separations of biological molecules using methods based on filtration, differential precipitation, electrophoresis, and chromatography.
- Record and report the procedures, results, and interpretation of these separations in standard forms of scientific communication (laboratory notebook, written report, casual and/or formal oral communication).
- Use knowledge of bioseparation principles to troubleshoot unexpected results and suggest solutions.
- Work effectively as part of a team in the execution and reporting of bioseparation procedures.