CCOG for BA 228 archive revision 202202
You are viewing an old version of the CCOG. View current version »
- Effective Term:
- Spring 2022 through Fall 2022
- Course Number:
- BA 228
- Course Title:
- Computer Accounting Applications
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of accounting theory.
- Apply accounting procedures using specialized computer accounting software.
- Communicate effectively using standard accounting terminology.
- Demonstrate an understanding of accounting reports and records.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Students will be expected to demonstrate knowledge of the concepts described in the required competencies by any combination of the following:
- Attendance and participation in class activities
- Portfolio of completed and corrected homework problems
- Individual or group projects
- Completion of assessment or certification-style examinations
- Other assessments such as quizzes, written exams, etc.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
Themes, Concepts, Issues:
- Responsibility and accountability
- Critical Thinking
- Effective Written and Oral Communications Competencies and Skills:
- Demonstrate basic skills in entering accounting information into a computerized accounting system.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the need for quality of data entry in accounting.
- Demonstrate an understanding of accounting and business records and reports.
- Demonstrate knowledge of a basic accounting vocabulary.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of computers and computerized accounting software.
- Demonstrate an ability to write a business memo using correct formatting, grammar, and spelling.