CCOG for BA 116 archive revision 202104
You are viewing an old version of the CCOG. View current version »
- Effective Term:
- Fall 2021 through Fall 2022
- Course Number:
- BA 116
- Course Title:
- Microsoft Word for Workplace Communications
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Create, analyze and critique personal and/or business documents following industry standards.
- Design and create word processed documents using critical thinking skills.
- Communicate in a business setting using word processing vocabulary.
- Produce documents efficiently using intermediate level features of Word.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
A letter grade will be issued for this course. Assessment tasks may include:
1. Production tests on arranged and un-arranged material.
2. Projects that include original work.
3. Composition of personal and business documents.
4. Objective tests.
5. Skill assessment software.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
Basic Word Skills
- Business document creation, file naming, and saving
- Use of style guide formats bold, italics, font sizes, aligning text, indent, line spacing, creating columns, lists (bulleted and numbered), custom margins
- Page breaks, headers/footers
- Business editing tools, move/copy text, find/replace, grammar and spell check, word count
- Document navigation tools, bookmarks, hyperlinks
- Printing and page orientation
Intermediate Word Skills
- Inserting and formatting tables
- Using collaboration tools, track changes, and comments
- Inserting smart art, text boxes, and images
- Table of contents, footnotes and citations, sections
- Making documents ADA accessible
- Integration with presentation software
- Alternative Word Processing Platforms
- Video Meeting Management