CCOG for AB 280B Winter 2022
- Course Number:
- AB 280B
- Course Title:
- Cooperative Education: Auto Body Repair - Seminar
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Addendum to Course Description
This course is required for a two year certificate or Associates Degree.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon successful completion of this course students should be able to:
· communicate effectively with employers, coworkers and customers, adapting to feedback as it pertains to advanced terminology, processes and
skills of auto collision repair and professional workplace behavior and provide that experience through 8 weeks of practical work journal entries.
· identify and implement strategies and processes to solve workplace and vehicle repair problems and provide that experience through 8 weeks of
practical work journal entries.
· use an understanding of variation in culture and human interactions to working within the team environment in the auto collision repair industry
and provide that experience through 8 weeks of practical work journal entries.
· apply the advanced technical knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to work within the ethical and professional parameters of the auto collision repair
profession, with limited supervision and provide that experience through 8 weeks of practical work journal entries.
· assess, examine and reflect on their own professional competence and personal beliefs and how these impact and relate to the auto collision repair shop environment and provide that experience through 8 weeks of practical work journal entries.
· start a career in the auto collision repair industry.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
The student will be assessed on his/her ability to demonstrate the development of course outcomes. The methods of assessment may include written reports by the student and supervisor, safe work habits, task performance and work relations.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
Complete written and practical exit examination.
Demonstrate knowledge by passing the comprehensive written exam.
Demonstrate practical knowledge by completing the panel repair and welding examinations.
Function safely in the PCC Auto Collision Repair shop.
Student will understand and practice safety by using proper protective gear.
Student will understand and practice hand and power tool safety.
Student will understand and maintain a safe work area.
Demonstrate professional work habits and ethics.
Arrive to class on time and be prepared for the day’s activities.
Perform projects in accordance to specifications and procedures.
Follow directions in a positive manner.
Manage time productively
Respect equipment and fellow students.
Demonstrate skill in problem solving and decision making.