CCOG for PE 187Z Spring 2023
- Course Number:
- PE 187Z
- Course Title:
- Barre Fitness
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Introduces a fusion of ballet, Pilates, yoga and Barre to enhance health and wellness in muscular endurance, flexibility, cardiorespiratory, and body composition components of physical fitness. No experience necessary. Audit available.
Intended Outcomes for the course
By the end of this course the student should be able to:
- Demonstrate the basic movements of Barre, ballet, Pilates, and/or yoga.
- Continue to improve balance, coordination, core strength, and body awareness through participation in Barre Fitness.
- Design a personal workout that reflects an understanding of the basic principles and movements of Barre Fitness.
Course Activities and Design
Upper Body Work
Lower Body Work
Balance and Stretching Work (throughout the entire class)
Outcome Assessment Strategies
2. Practical Exam
3. Written Fitness Plan or Project
4. Group Work
5. Class Discussion
6. Pre & Post Fitness Testing
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
Principles of Ballet
Principles of Pilates
Principles of Yoga
Basic ballet steps and positions
Importance of stretching
How to progress exercise intensity levels with continued experience
Correct and safe technique