CCOG for PE 120D Fall 2022
- Course Number:
- PE 120D
- Course Title:
- Ballet II
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon successful completion, students should be able to:
- Engage in and appreciate different forms of artistic expression through Ballet.
- Promote health and well-being via physical activity, self-expression, and group interaction
- Integrate dynamic alignment and functional technique at an intermediate Ballet skill level.
- Compare and contrast beginning Ballet skills verses intermediate Ballet skills.
- Interpret ballet terminology and musicality to critically analyze Ballet performances.
- Provide and interpret feedback regarding performance.
Course Activities and Design
Basic positions of the body
Fixed points of the studio or stage
Intermediate Jumps and Turns
Traveling and linking steps
Allegro (petit and grand)
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Other outcome assessment strategies may include:
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
Demonstrate beginning/intermediate skills in sequencing
Introduce the positions of the body
Introduce fixed points in the studio or on stage
Utilize axial and locomotor movements
Further examine use of line and shape
Adapt choreography to varying tempos, kinds of music, etc.
Explore musicality at a continuing level
Apply instructor and peer feedback to improve performance
Work from internally and externally rotated positions
Demonstrate spatial awareness
Demonstrate different movement qualities
Execute intermediate jumps, turns, and patterns
Prepare students to advance to Ballet III