Course Content and Outcomes Guide for HIM 260 Effective Fall 2021
- Course Number:
- HIM 260
- Course Title:
- HIM Professional Practice Lab 1
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
- Special Fee:
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students will be able to:
- Describe healthcare organizations and consumer engagement activities from the perspective of key stakeholders .
- Apply policies, regulations, strategies and standards to the management of information, data integrity and compliance of health record content.
- Evaluate data dictionaries and data sets for compliance with governance standards.
- Calculate statistics for healthcare operations and report the data through graphical representations.
- Identify the impact of policy on health care and describe research methodologies used in healthcare.
Course Activities and Design
Students will complete hands-on real-world activities using academic electronic health record and encoder resources, and word processing, spreadsheet and database software. They will complete activities that prepare them for the on-site directed practice experience. There will be teamwork activities.