CCOG for ECE 131B Spring 2023
- Course Number:
- ECE 131B
- Course Title:
- Practicum for Experienced Teachers 2
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Improves and strengthens intermediate level skills for working with children from birth to 6 years of age. Includes the use of developmentally appropriate methods to support guidance and conflict resolution, schedule and routine planning, fundamental curriculum development, and environmental modification. Approved practicum application required. Prerequisites: (ECE 131A or ECE 133), (ECE 122I or ECE 123P), HEC 201, and department permission, (WR 115 and RD 115) or IRW 115 and MTH 20 or equivalent placement. Corequisites: ECE 130B.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Utilize observations, documentation, and other assessment tools to create and lead healthy, culturally relevant, and developmentally appropriate curriculum and learning environments for young children.
- Reflect on current and past personal caregiving and teaching practices in order to promote positive outcomes for each child.
- Use culturally inclusive prosocial strategies to assess, adapt and promote collaborative relationships with young children and families in early learning settings.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Integrating knowledge of child development and learning;
- Family and community relationships;
- Observation, documentation, and assessment;
- Developmentally effective approaches;
- The use of content to build meaningful curriculum;