CCOG for CIS 233Y Winter 2022
- Course Number:
- CIS 233Y
- Course Title:
- Python Programming II
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Addendum to Course Description
This is the second course in the Python programming sequence.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Use a professional integrated development environment to write, compile, run, and test object-oriented Python programs.
- Locate, install, and develop code using Python packages.
- Write Python code to access structured data from a relational database and other data sources in a secure manner.
- Use object-oriented design appropriately in a Python program.
- Design and implement simple Graphical User Interfaces.
- Use a version control system to collaborate and track source code in a project.
Course Activities and Design
This course is presented by means of lecture/discussion sessions, assignments, exams, and Python projects.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Students will complete software projects comprised of an object-oriented design, implementation, and test plan.
- Designs will demonstrate the use of good object-oriented design principles.
- The implementation will demonstrate the use of a variety of basic control structures including selection, repetition, and recursion.
- Programs will use appropriate data structures, such as lists, sets, tuples, and dicts.
- Testing will include unit testing, integration, and system testing.