CCOG for CIS 225 Summer 2022
- Course Number:
- CIS 225
- Course Title:
- End User Support
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Addendum to Course Description
Additional lab hours may be required.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Develop training presentations and present them to End Users.
- Troubleshoot technical issues.
- Actively participate in a help desk environment.
Course Activities and Design
This course is presented by means of lecture/discussion sessions, open lab sessions, guest speakers, and audio-visual presentations.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Assessment will be demonstrated by one or more of the following:
- In-class examinations over reading and lecture material, classroom discussion and/or lab projects.
- Proper and timely completion of lab projects, demonstrating effective use of requisite tools.
- Contributory participation in the classroom discussions.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
On successful completion of this course the student should be able to:
- Provide End-user training and support functions in an organization.
- Identify issues of concern for the management of the end-user support function.
- Understand the roles and services of an end-user support specialist.
- Utilize active listening & troubleshooting skills to provide end-user support
- Prepare job aids and user documentation.