CCOG for BA 209 Fall 2022
- Course Number:
- BA 209
- Course Title:
- Introduction to Grant Writing
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students will be able to:
- Assess a non-profit's organizational readiness for grant applications.
- Identify and evaluate the potential funding sources most appropriate for a non-profit organization’s goals and objectives.
- Work as a team member in the grant proposal development process.
- Write a grant proposal which includes effective documentation, relevant data, and a project budget.
- Write a two-page letter of inquiry.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Students will be expected to demonstrate knowledge of the concepts described in the
required competencies by any combination of the following:
- Participation in class activities
- Composition of grant proposals
- Development and delivery of presentations
- Completion of assigned homework
- Completion of assessment examinations
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
Themes, Concepts, Issues
A. Grant writing tools and resources
B. Funding research resources
C. Community networking
D. Proposal guidelines and requests for proposals
E. Grant application components, terms and concepts
F. Grant budgets
G. Proposal objectives
H. Writing strategies
I. Grant review process
J. Grant rejection and acceptance follow‐up
A. Identify goals of proposal
B. Conduct effective grant research
C. Write effective grant narratives and supporting reports
D. Develop community relationships
E. Deliver oral presentation of proposals