Computer Information Systems: E-Commerce Certificate
A Computer Information Systems E-Commerce certificate is intended to meet technical career needs in business and industry for positions such as: Web Server Administrator, Webmaster, E-Commerce Manager, HTML Programmer, Help Desk/User Support, Web Technologist, Web Developer, Web Designer/Programmer and Web Producer.
Specialists in these positions will be able to administer and manage web servers and design and program transaction-based web sites that interface to databases. They will be able to communicate effectively and use key programming, publishing, database and transaction tools. With both a business and technical perspective, they will be able to identify E-commerce issues such as telecommunications, security, and scalability.
In this program you can earn the following:
- One-Year Certificate: Computer Information Systems: E-Commerce
- Design and Development Concentration
- Administration Concentration
Students must have a strong CIS background before beginning this certificate. This may be accomplished by the CIS AAS degree or by equivalent industry experience. See the Catalog for information regarding program requirements.
The program is located on the Sylvania campus, although many of the courses can be completed online. The student is expected to work with a CIS Student Resource Specialist or CIS Faculty Advisor in planning term by term schedules leading toward fulfillment of all program requirements.
- Apply for admission to PCC. Identify yourself as a Degree or Certificate seeking student and specify the CIS program when you fill out the application.
- Take the College Placement Tests. (See the Program Requirements listed in the catalog.)
- Meet with a CIS Department advisor in order to determine which classes are most appropriate to take and the sequence in which to take them.