Apply for PCC scholarships
- When to apply:
- Scholarship applications will open on December 1, 2014. In the meantime, read below to find out what you'll need for your application. Start working on getting the pieces of your application ready.
- Email the foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Need help?
How to Apply
Step one: Get admitted to PCC
If you are not a PCC student, complete an admissions application. The application is free and does not commit you to coming to PCC. After you complete the application, you'll receive an email with instructions on how to log in to your account and check your student email, which is how we'll be communicating with you.
Step two: Complete your 2015 FAFSA
Complete the FAFSA as soon after January 1, 2015 as possible. The FAFSA is required in order to apply for PCC Scholarships.
If you are not eligible to apply for the FAFSA...
If you are an international student or not eligible to apply for the FAFSA, complete the Financial Need Worksheet and upload it into your scholarship application.
How to use this worksheet: Open with Microsoft Word and fill in the blanks. Save the file, then upload it to your PCC Foundation Scholarship Application. If you don't have Word, you can print the document using Google Drive and then upload a scanned copy of the completed form with your scholarship application. For help, visit a PCC Computer Lab.
Step three: Sign in to the scholarship application
On December 1, 2014, a link to the PCC Foundation Scholarship Application will be posted on this page. Go to the application and sign in with your MyPCC username and password.
Step four: Write your essays
Each essay can be up to 350 words. Some scholarships will have additional questions - these will be listed on the application. Need help writing essays? Learn more about how to write scholarship essays. You can also get personal help at the writing center.
Required essay questions
- Essay question 1: explain your career goals and your educational plan to meet these goals.
- Essay question 2: describe a significant challenge, accomplishment or change that has occurred in your life in the last ten years. How did you respond and what did you learn about yourself?
- Essay question 3: highlight an activity, interest or responsibility you are involved with outside of your classes. What have you learned from that activity that helps you as a student? (This can include family responsibilities, school clubs/activities or community involvement).
Step five: Secure two references
In the scholarship application, you'll be asked to provide two references. Enter the email addresses of your references in the scholarship application. When you click save, the application will email your references with instructions on how to log in and submit their evaluation. We suggest you notify the people you are requesting references from to let them know to expect this email.
- References can be submitted by teachers, faculty, staff, mentors, coaches, employers, etc.
- Do not include references from family members and friends.
- Applications with less than two references will be considered incomplete and eliminated from consideration.
- You will be able to track if the references have been completed. If not, you can send reminders to your references.
Step six: Submit unofficial transcript
We will be evaluating the two most recent terms of your academic history and your overall grade point average.
- If you have completed two terms at PCC by the end of winter term 2014, you do not need to submit transcripts.
- If you have not completed two terms by the end of winter term 2014, or you a new student at PCC, then you must submit an unofficial transcript from your most recent school (high school, previous college, etc.).
You will be prompted to upload your unofficial transcript to the scholarship application. Write your name, phone number, email address and PCC ID number on each page of your unofficial transcript.
Step seven: Answer additional questions
Once you complete your general application, you will be automatically selected for general scholarships you are qualified for. However there are many scholarships you may want to apply for that have additional questions. You can find and apply for these by clicking on opportunities. Here you can browse through scholarships we offer and apply for them if you meet the criteria and want to apply. There is no limit to how many scholarships you can apply for.
Step eight: Complete the scholarship application
Once you start application, you can return to it at a later time. Save often to avoid losing information. You can continue to edit and save your application until 11:59pm the day of the deadline of the scholarships which are applying for. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
Step nine: Find out results
All scholarship applicants will be notified no later than June 15, 2015 about the results of the PCC Foundation scholarship application. Notification will be sent through your MyPCC email.