Apply for PCC scholarships
- Application due dates:
- Check the list of available scholarships to see what scholarship applications are available. Then fill out the PCC Foundation Scholarship Application.
- Available scholarships:
- See the list of scholarship opportunities . Be sure to check back - this list is updated as new scholarships are added.
- Email the foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Need help?
- Attend a scholarship workshop!
- Our educational website can help with essay writing, submitting transcripts, asking for references, and more: Your Scholarship Application Guide.
How to Apply
Step one: Get admitted to PCC
If you are not already admitted to PCC, you will need to complete an admissions application. The admission application is free and does not commit you to coming to PCC. This is how you get your student ID number, online account and email account. Three to five days after you complete the admissions application, you will receive an email informing you that you have been admitted to PCC. This will include instructions on how to log into your student account and check your student email, which is the primary method of communication between you and the PCC Foundation.
If you are already a student at PCC, make sure your contact information and degree and major are listed correctly in your student account so that we can better match you to scholarships.
Step two: Complete Your 2014 FAFSA
You should complete the FAFSA as soon after January 1, 2014 as possible. The FAFSA is required in order to apply for PCC Scholarships.
If you are an international student or not eligible to apply for the FAFSA, complete the Financial Need Worksheet and upload it into your scholarship application.
How to use this worksheet
Open with Microsoft Word and fill in the blanks. Save the file, then upload it to your PCC Foundation Scholarship Application. If you don't have Word, you can print the document using Google Drive and then upload a scanned copy of the completed form with your scholarship application. For help, visit a PCC Computer Lab.
Step three: Sign in to the scholarship application
Go to the PCC Foundation Scholarship Application and create an account with your MyPCC username and password. You can continue to edit and save your application until the deadline of the scholarships which you are applying for expires. Each scholarship will close at 11:59pm on the respective deadline date. When you log in, you will be asked to give the PCC Foundation permission to use the information in your student account - we will use this information to match you to scholarships.
See what information we will be requesting
You'll answer questions about yourself in the scholarship application, but we'll automatically load the following information from your student record. If any of this information is not correct in your PCC student record, contact the registration office.
- pcc email address
- state and county of residence
- high school graduation status
- high school attended
- FAFSA results
- student id number
- credits completed
- primary campus
- degree and major
- academic standing
Step four: Write your essays
Each essay can be up to 350 words.
- Essay question 1: explain your career goals and your educational plan to meet these goals.
- Essay question 2: describe a significant challenge, accomplishment or change that has occurred in your life in the last ten years. How did you respond and what did you learn about yourself?
- Essay question 3: highlight an activity, interest or responsibility you are involved with outside of your classes. What have you learned from that activity that helps you as a student? (This can include family responsibilities, school clubs/activities or community involvement).
Some scholarships will have additional questions - these will be listed on the application.
Step five: Secure two references
In the scholarship application, you'll be asked to provide two references. Enter the email addresses of your references in the scholarship application. When you click save, the application will email your references with instructions on how to log in and submit their evaluation. We suggest you notify the people you are requesting references from to let them know to expect this email.
- References can be submitted by teachers, faculty, staff, mentors, coaches, employers, etc.
- Do not include references from family members and friends.
- Applications with less than two references will be considered incomplete and eliminated from consideration.
- You will be able to track if the references have been completed. If not, you can send reminders to your references.
Step six: Submit unofficial transcript
We will be evaluating the two most recent terms of your academic history and your overall grade point average.
- If you have completed two terms at PCC by the end of winter term 2014, you do not need to submit transcripts.
- If you have not completed two terms by the end of winter term 2014, or you a new student at PCC, then you must submit an unofficial transcript from your most recent school (high school, previous college, etc.).
You will be prompted to upload your unofficial transcript to the scholarship application. Write the following information on each page of your unofficial transcript:
- Full name
- Phone number
- Email address
- PCC ID Number
Step seven: Complete the scholarship application
Once you start application, you can return to it at a later time. Save often to avoid losing information. You can continue to edit and save your application until 11:59pm the day of the deadline of the scholarships which are applying for. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
Step eight: Find out results
All scholarship applicants will be notified no later than June 15th about the results of the PCC Foundation scholarship application. Notification will be sent through your MyPCC email.
Apply for scholarships!
Log in and complete the application: PCC Foundation Scholarship Application.
Application will be accepted until 11:59pm the day of the deadline of the scholarships which you are applying for.
What Happens Next?
Scholarship recipients will need to maintain enrollment and academic status as indicated by the scholarship criteria. Scholarships can be used to pay for PCC tuition, fees, books and course materials. Students are limited to a lifetime maximum of $7,000 in scholarship support from the PCC Foundation. See more on paying with a scholarship.
Many of the scholarships offered by the PCC Foundation are funded by local organizations, individuals and corporations. Scholarship criteria or the availability of scholarships is subject to change.