American Heart Association
Questions? Contact: Wes Harwood
What is it?
CLIMB's Institute for Health Professionals offers a wide variety of American Heart Association (AHA) and cardiology-focused continuing education courses for health care professionals. These courses can be used to refresh your knowledge in a particular area, introduce you to new skills, or fulfill continuing education units (CEUs) that may be required as part of your profession.
Please note: the AHA strongly promotes knowledge and proficiency in BLS, ACLS, and PALS and has developed instructional materials for this purpose. Use of these materials in an educational course does not represent course sponsorship by the AHA, and any fees charged for such a course do not represent income to the Association.
Is it right for you?
Whether you are interested in updating your skills or learning something new, one of the AHA or cardiology courses is bound to be right for you.
Employees of area hospitals: do not use the course numbers listed in the links below. Please contact your Education Department for eligible payment of tuition by your employer.
Per AHA guidelines: America Red Cross cards are not recognized for eligibility to take AHA BLS Renewal/Update courses!
Available every term
These courses are endorsed by the American Heart Association and offer the same course completion card as our standard courses. Please call Teresa Parrish at 971-722-6626 for information, key access, and to schedule skills testing:
- ACLS - Online
- Upon completion of the Online materials, the student is eligible for the practical (megacode) testing at our certified training center. Fee: $259 for Online Key & Skills Testing - Fee for Skills Testing only: $109
- BLS (CPR) for the Health Care Provider Renewal - Online
- Your existing AHA BLS Provider card MUST be current BEFORE you undertake the online course. Fee: $75 for Online Key & Skills Testing
- PALS - Online
- Upon completion of the On-line materials, the student is eligible for the practical skills testing at our certified training center. Fee: $259 for CD & Skills Testing Fee: $109 for Skills Testing Only
- View the current schedule of classes for American Heart Association and write down your CRN.
- Visit Non-Credit Registration and create a new account. Returning PCC Students can skip this step.
- Register for your course online using MyPCC.
Or, learn about setting up this training for your entire team.