- Course Number:
- WLD 226A
- Course Title:
- Intermediate Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (Heliarc)
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
- Special Fee:
Course DescriptionIntroduces gas tungsten arc welding on Aluminum to industry standards. Weld common joint configurations. Develops foundational skills required for advancement in future course work. Third class in a four course sequence. Audit available.
Addendum to Course Description
This is a outcome based course utilizing a lecture/lab format. This course includes classroom discussions, videotapes, lab demonstrations and technical skills. Course outcomes will include theoretical concepts, layout, fabrication, welding, safety and environmental awareness, communication, computations and human relations.
Intended Outcomes for the course
The instructor and the student will design basic course outcomes / activities based on the individual needs of the student.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
The student will be assessed on his/her ability to demonstrate the development of course outcomes. The methods of assessment may include one or more of the following: observations, visual inspection techniques, welding tests, safe work habits, task performance and work relations.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
Function safely in the PCC Welding Shop.
- Understand and practice personal safety by using proper protective gear.
- Understand and practice hand and power tool safety.
- Understand and maintain a safe work area.
- Recognize and report dangerous electrical and air/gas hose connections.
- Understand and practice fire prevention.
- Access and explain the importance of the Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
Develop knowledge and skills in the Gas Tungsten Arc Welding Process.
- The instructor and the student will design the course outcomes.