Course Content and Outcome Guide for PE 162K Effective Fall 2015
- Course Number:
- PE 162K
- Course Title:
- Brazilian Jiu Jitsu II
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
- Special Fee:
Expands knowledge, application and skills in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu (BJJ). Continues fundamentals and techniques explored in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu I. Recommended: PE 162J or instructor approval. Audit available.
Intended Outcomes for the course
- Improve overall physical conditioning through continuing participation in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, including but not limited to improvements in cardio-respiratory fitness, muscle fitness, and flexibility.
- Perform safe and effective skills and movements.
- Apply learned skills, techniques and knowledge in belt rank advancement tests.
- Apply acquired skills, techniques and knowledge in self defense situations.
- Develop a lifelong fitness, health, and wellness program.
- Experience the relationship of the mind, body and spirit.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
- Attendance and Participation
- Practical Exams
- Skill Assessment (via demonstration)
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Practice proper warm-ups and cool-downs
- Increase range of motion activities
- Basic sparring movements, including defensive and offensive movements
- Endurance development
- Body awareness, mechanics and alignment