Distance learning options
Distance Education at PCC is a convenient and flexible way to take classes. There are many different types of PCC distance classes. Each will contain at least one of the main instructional methods listed below. Some classes even make use of more than one instruction type. When registering for a class, make sure to take note of the instructional method code noted in the schedule.
- Web classes
- Give you the freedom to complete educational goals while working and taking care of family responsibilities. Students are able to schedule classes and study around their responsibilities.
- TVWEB classes
- TVWEB classes are complete courses featuring a series of video programs and may include student study guides, textbooks and other media resources. All TVWEB classes have an online component that includes an introduction, orientation, a syllabus, and active discussion boards for instructor and student communications
- Interactive Video Classroom (IVC)
- Provides live, interactive classes offered at various sites simultaneously via two-way television and video conferencing technologies. An IVC class is comparable to a standard college class and attendance is required.
- Classroom + Web
- This type of class combines classroom-based instruction with online instruction. These types of classes reduce the time the student spends in the classroom.
- Interactive Video + Web
- This type of class combines Interactive Video Classroom instruction with online instruction. These types of classes reduce the time the student spends in the Interactive Video classroom.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I register for a distance education class?
- Registering for a distance education class is the same as registering for an on-campus class.
- Visit the Registration page for instructions.
- Can I register for classes late?
- Once classes begin, late registration is in effect and you will not be able to add an online class without instructor permission. For advice on getting into a class that has already commenced, please see the When to Register page.
- How much do distance education classes cost?
- Tuition for distance education classes is the same as tuition for on-campus credit classes, but there is an additional distance learning fee applied.
- See the Tuition and Fees for Credit Classes page for information.
- Are distance education credits transferable to other colleges?
- As with all PCC classes, distance education credits are transferable. If you are considering transferring PCC credits to a college or university, be sure to check with the counselor or advisor at that institution to make sure the institution will accept PCC classes as transfer credit. The decision will be based on the content, not on the course delivery method.
- What kind of degrees or certificates can I earn through PCC’s distance education classes?
- See the Planning classes and degrees page. Also, consult with an academic advisor for additional help planning your academic career. Academic advisors will take phone appointments if you cannot come into the office.
- Who should I contact with questions regarding distance education?
- Email email@example.com or call 971-722-4620