Rock Creek Student Learning Center
We are now located in Building 7 Room 218.
The Student Learning Center (SLC) is a student support service offering tutoring and flexible schedule developmental education classes. A computer lab, student study space and group study rooms are also available.
How does tutoring work at Rock Creek?
Drop in for one-to-one or group tutoring with faculty and peers.
Hours of Operation and Tutoring Schedules
- Open: Monday-Thursday 8am-7pm, Fridays 8am-3pm, Saturdays 10am-2pm
- Fall 2014 schedule
- Computer tutoring available from 10am to close each day
- Math, Science, Stats, and Accounting tutoring begins at 9am
- Reading Center Tutoring - All subjects - begins October 8 and is by appointment
- Writing is provided by the Rock Creek Writing Center
Tips for Tutoring and Testing
Students testing into developmental writing and/or reading may enroll in flexible schedule courses taught in a lecture/lab format in the Student Learning Center. Lectures are offered both day and evening hours allowing greater flexibility for students. Students are able to choose from a wide range of times and days for their lectures and their lab times. Orientation for each of these courses is mandatory during the 1st week of the term, check the orientation schedule for times. These courses can be found in the current schedule listed under reading and writing.